More Practice On Verb Phrases
Find the verb phrases and identify the kind of verbs.
1. John might make a pizza for dinner.
2. You should have seen our photos.
3. The sun has just set over the treetops.
4. Have you seen the Lincoln Memorial?
5. We will wait for the commerical.
6. Joe doesn’t ride the bus.
7. Can you play chess?
8. We could have talked all nght.
9. They are not following directions.
10. Has Maggie already gone home?
11. Carol will take a plane to New Mexico.
12. Mark is not going to the barbecue.
13. I can hardly hear you.
14. We should have been practicing all day.
15. You must never open that door.
1. might helping verb
make main verb
2. should have hv
3. has hv
4. have hv
5. will hv
6. does hv
7. can hv
8. could have hv
9. are hv
10. has hv
11. will hv
12. is hv
13. can hv
14. should have been hv
15. must hv