100 Days of School! Activities

EducationWorld.com
http://www.wcsu.k12.vt.us/~wardsboro/day100.htmIt comes around this time of year. It’s the 100th day of school. There are many activities on the internet that kids can do to celebrate.
ABCTeach.com
WebTech.Kenesaw.edu
TheVirtualVine.com
Scholastic.com
GlobalClassroom.org
A Few Good Activities
~ Make a quilt with a 100 squares, have the students fill each square with an animal joke.
~Put a 100 sticky notes all over the room. Write a message or joke (animal joke) on the sticky notes letter by letter. Number the backs and have the students gather them and piece it all together.
~Have the class list a hundred flavors of ice cream and then vote on the best and then show the results on a chart
~Have small groups of students flip a coin 100 times and record the results in a table or graph.
~Make a trail mix with low cost snacks (raisins, M&M’s, pretzel sticks, peanuts, toasted oat cereal)
~Students stand near desk each day and do 100 movements:
Nod head up and down 10X,
Nod head side to side 10X,
shrug shoulders 10X,
shake hands out at side 10X
Clap hands 10X
bend knees 10X,
jump up and down 10X
March in place 10X
Do 10 jumping jacks
Touch floor in front of feet 10X
~What happened this day in history 100 years ago
~Brainstorm with your class and list 100 U.S. cities
~Help students learn a game that children played 100 years ago (Example: Make Jacob’s Ladder with a string)
~More Fun 100X Exercises
Stay “In One Spot” Exercise Activities
sit-ups
touching the toes, then the shoulders, the waist etc.
jumping on both feet
jumping jacks
wiggles all over
hops on one foot, then on the other
bounces of a ball
claps
shrugs

Contents for 100 Days Fun Book~
1. How many times can you write your name in 100 seconds?
2. On what date will you be 100 years old?
3. How old would you be if you were 100 months old?
4. How many jumping jacks can you do in 100 seconds?
5. Draw a picture of yourself if you were a 100 years old.
6. Who’s face is on the $100 bill. Draw your own.
7. Find some people whose ages total exactly 100.
e.g.
Mom is 32
Dad is 35
sister is 9
brother is 3
friend is 11
cousin is 10
—————
total 100
8. Write an essay on what it was like to be in 4th grade 100 years ago.
9. How would you spend $100?
10. List coin combinations that are the same amount of 100 pennies.
11. Sit and close your eyes for 100 seconds. Stand when you think the time is up.
12. What happened 100 years ago? What will happen 100 years from now?
13. Fill in the blanks:
My mom tells me 100 times to_________________
My dad tells me 100 times to__________________
I tell my mom 100 times I want to________________________
I tell my dad 100 times I want to_________________________
My teacher tells me 100 times to____________________
I tell my teacher 100 times I want to_________________
14. My 100 Day Wish List~
15. 100 things I am thankful for
16. How do you say 100 in Spanish, Russian, German and French
17. How many words can you make from the words One Hundred Days?
18. If I had a hundred dollars . . .
19. Make a list of 100 U.S. cities.
20. Complete this sentence: I wish I had 100 _____________ because _________________.
21. Fill in the missing words: “On the first day of school, I couldn’t __________, but on the 100th day of school, I can!”
22. Finish the sentence “One hundred years from now, …” `
23. List 100 things that didn’t exist 100 years ago.
24. List 100 flavors of ice cream
25. Write 100 on a piece of drawing paper and incorporate the numeral into a drawing.
26. Have kids put 100 spelling words in alphabetical order.
27. Who was president of the United States 100 years ago.
28. Assign a number, from 1 to 26, to each letter of the alphabet. Does student’s name add up to 100?