Cherry Cola Salad
My sister Sharon made a good dessert for our family Christmas party. I kept eating it. My eyes got bigger than my stomach and then I got more than I wanted. But once I began eating another helping I just “made room” and finished it all off. Anyway, I wanted to get the recipe before I forgot about it. It’s call Cherry Cola Salad:
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 (10-ounce) bottle maraschino cherries, undrained
1 (3-ounce) package cherry-flavored gelatin
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup cola-flavored beverage
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Drain pineapple and cherries, reserving liquids in a medium saucepan.
2. Sprinkle gelatin over liquid mixture, and let stand 1 minute.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin dissolves; remove from heat.
4. Add cream cheese, stirring until smooth.
5. Stir in fruit, cola-flavored beverage, and pecans.
6. Pour into a serving dish or a lightly oiled 4-cup mold. Cover and chill until firm.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.